Tuesday 28 February 2012

Mahogany

Hello :)

This post, I wish you all to pay a little more attention to the written words. 
Whatever I have written here today is a result of experience, awareness and realization over the past few years. It is something I myself deeply believe in, and wish to share with you all as well. I do not know how many of you all will understand what I'm trying to say..how many of you all will decipher the essence of it. But I am trying to share it with you, and all I wish is for you to make an attempt to absorb it :) ..

When you blindly follow trends, you are following somebody else’s idea of fashion, of self expression. Not your own. They are imposing their ideas on you in a way, and you follow it. Follow it without thinking or any kind of realization. Don’t do this. Try breaking out of that mould.. that way of thinking. If you’re a person who deeply believes in the art of fashion (yes, as commercialized as it is, fashion is an art), stop donning things just because they’re in vogue, because they’re popular culture. Wear it because you want to wear it, and not because you have to. Wear it because it defines YOU, your state of mind, and is an extension of your inner self. Only then will you be truly happy and content with what you’re wearing, with the way you're dressed, with the way you look.

Don’t chase fashion. Fashion is a set of ideas, a bunch of people tend to impose on you. Rather, follow style, because style is something you yourself create. You create your own style with your mind, body and heart. You put your soul into it. It’s an expression of the core you.









Needless to say, pictures by Syddharth Mate.








:) Malavika.

13 comments:

  1. I agree! Wearing what defines you best is important! You can draw inspiration from others but never copy.
    I live the ruffle top! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your attire is always fab! but what amazes me no end is the photography! outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly well said :) no doubts :)and totally agreed :)

    P.S - the photography is amazing abut more impressed by what you have tried and expressed by your writings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you photograph your style which is of course effortless chic!
    Love your blog you have a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful Malvika and I completely agree with what your saying :)
    PS: Your photographer is amazing !

    http://www.sunkissed-style-file.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are super beautiful and I LOVE what you've written and your photos.
    Where is the top from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :)
    And yes^, the top is from Forever New. It belongs to a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Malavika, one lovely piece of writing that is. It captivates the reader - at least, that's what it did to me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much :)
    I'm not much of a writer, but as long as the readers can connect to what I write or try conveying, it's working fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what about the skirt and chain, ring etc? the first post where u havent written ur wardrobe c. i like it when you write that so if in case we want it we can always go and buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photographs are beautiful, needless to say! But what inspired me was your writing...about creating your own work of art with what you wear!
    :)

    http://www.shubhisrevels.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts on the post..